Back to Silas S. Brown's home page
- Silas S. Brown, Yun-Wen Chen, Ming Wang, Alexandra Clipson, Eguzkine Ochoa, and Ming-Qing Du (2017). PrimerPooler: automated primer pooling to prepare library for targeted sequencing. Biology Methods and Protocols. Oxford University Press. 2(1). doi:10.1093/
- PhD thesis: Conversion of notations. Technical report UCAM-CL-TR-591, University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory, June 2004. PDF format
- Silas S. Brown and Peter Robinson. Transformation frameworks and their relevance in universal design. Universal Access in the Information Society, 3.3-4:209-223, 2004. PDF format
- Silas S. Brown and Peter Robinson. Interacting with notations: two examples of the use of a transformation system. Universal Access in the Information Society, 4.2:96-, 2005.
- S.S. Brown and P. Robinson. Transforming musical notations for universal access. In: Designing a More Inclusive World: proceedings of the Cambridge Workshop on Universal Access and Assistive Technology 2004, pp 123-132. PDF format (copyright held by the publisher Springer-Verlag)
- Silas Brown and Peter Robinson. Supporting the user's design of alternative complex notations. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2005, Nevada, USA), Vol.3: Human-Computer Interfaces: Concepts, New Ideas, Better Usability, and Applications. PDF format
- Silas S. Brown and Peter Robinson. A personal information management approach for people with low vision or blindness. ACM SIGACCESS Issue 84 January 2006. HTML via Internet Archive; here is the code notesorg.py (see comments at the start).
- Silas Brown and Peter Robinson. Usable Personal Information Management Techniques for People with Low Vision. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2005, Nevada, USA), Vol.7: Universal Access in HCI: Exploring New Interaction Environments. PDF format
- Silas S. Brown and Peter Robinson. Addressing Print Disabilities in Adult Foreign-language Acquisition. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2003, Crete, Greece), Vol.4: Universal Access in HCI, pp 38-42. PDF format (copyright held by the publisher LEA; note that this PDF differs slightly from the final copy which I don't have)
- S.S. Brown and P. Robinson. Automatically Rearranging Structured Data for Customised Special-Needs Presentations. In: Universal Access and Assistive Technology: proceedings of the Cambridge Workshop on UA and AT 2002, pp 109-118. PDF format (copyright held by the publisher Springer-Verlag)
- Silas S. Brown. Web Annotation with Modified-Yarowsky and Other Algorithms. Overload issue 112 (December 2012) pp.4-7 (PDF pp.5-8, HTML version)
- Silas S. Brown. Multiprocessing and Clusters in Python. Overload issue 137 (February 2017) pp.13-15 (HTML version)
- Silas S. Brown. Indexing STL Lists with Maps. Overload issue 53 (February 2003) pp.18-19 (PDF pp.16-17, HTML version)
- 14 Linux Gazette articles published between 2007 and 2011 (beware that my 2007 "Unkillable Process" article failed to mention that such a process can be suspended with a STOP signal)
- Silas S. Brown. Beyond XML: Building Transformation Algorithms in Python. ACCU spring conference 2002 (proceedings on CD-ROM).
- Silas S Brown & Peter Robinson. A World Wide Web Mediator for Users with Low Vision. CHI 2001 Workshop No. 14 (Seattle, USA). PDF format
- Silas Brown. An Extensible System for Conversion of Musical-Notation Data to Braille Musical Notation. Computing in Musicology, 12:45-74, 2001.
- Undergraduate project dissertation (2000)
- I've also written 170+ articles in C Vu.
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Python is a trademark of the Python Software Foundation.
Any other trademarks I mentioned without realising are trademarks of their respective holders.