Silas S. Brown's home pageWelcome. I am a partially-sighted computer scientist at Cambridge University in the UK. I come from rural West Dorset on the South-West peninsula of England.
- Web access aids: stylesheets for low vision, the Web Adjuster framework for smartphones etc, and the old access gateway / language viewer
- Speaking and languages: Gradint software for self-study of foreign languages, some Wenlin improvements, and lexconvert phoneme converter
- Research: Primer Pooler, 4DML and publications
- Unix scripts for Web monitoring, IMAP processing and large-print handouts
- Low-vision configuration for X11, terminal applications, RISC OS, Mac and Windows
- Music: Manuscript Writer notation program, automatic composition experiment and some small compositions
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.
Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc.
RISC OS is a trademark of Pace Micro Technology Plc which might now have passed to RISC OS Ltd but I was unable to find definitive documentation.
Unix is a trademark of The Open Group.
Wenlin is a trademark of Wenlin Institute, Inc. SPC.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
Any other trademarks I mentioned without realising are trademarks of their respective holders.